Welcome to Muir of Ord Golf Club
Website Proudly Sponsored by WoodBlocX Ltd
Scottish Golf Club of the Year 2016
Update on Club Activities Due to Covid – 19 – Friday 8th January 2021
Following on from the change in restrictions which were announced by the First Minister on Monday 3rd January 2021 the week the following will apply in terms of Club activities. All the items below will constantly be reviewed and amended as required.
• All Club competitions (Friday Seniors, Ladies Monday’s, Saturday & Sunday Winter Stablefords) have been cancelled until further notice.
• Maximum of two players per group from up to two households. Therefore, due to reduced tee time capacity and demand for tee times members will be limited to only two tee times per week (Monday to Sunday). The exception to this will be if there are still tee times available 24 hours in advance.
• Please note as of Tuesday 12th January Booking will be limited to two players per tee time.
• Tee times will be available to members only and therefore visitors and guests will not be allowed until further notice.
• The Club Shop will be closed until further notice.
• The Club office will be staffed on Monday to Fridays 8am – 12 noon. However, members & visitors will not be able to access the office and therefore if you wish to speak to a member of staff please either phone the office on the above times or email email@example.com.
• As the shop will be closed buggies will only be available for hire Monday to Fridays 8am – 12 noon. All Buggies must be booked in advance by contacting the Club office.
• We have been asked by several members if they require to remove their equipment from their lockers. Our advice is that members should remove their Clubs from their lockers for now in case we have to completely close access to the Clubhouse at short notice. The Clubhouse will be open as per the above office opening times. If you require access to the locker room outwith these hours then please contact me to arrange access.
We understand that is a frustrating time for all at present but hopefully with the current restrictions the virus numbers will reduce and we can get back to some sort of normality sooner rather than later.
Muir of Ord is a heathland/moorland 18 hole course situated fifteen miles north of Inverness and is only twenty miles from Inverness Airport. It is set in some stunning Scottish scenery with clear views of Ben Wyvis to the north and to the south may been seen the Beauly Firth and hills above Loch Ness.
The course has shown significant change and improvement since its inception in 1875. In the 1920’s the renowned golf course designer James Braid was engaged and much of what he altered and recommended remains intact to this day.
An interesting and challenging feature is the Inverness to Wick and Kyle of Lochalsh railway line which runs through the course adding to the golfers need for accuracy on a number of holes! Wildlife abounds on the course and players may regularly see red kites soaring above the fairways.
With the number of players steadily increasing a decision was taken in the early 1990’s to purchase additional land. Three new holes were constructed negating the hazard of crossing what was known as the “Great North Road” to play what were two short Par 3 holes (the old 16th and 17th). This led to the new 9th, 10th and 11th holes on the newly purchased land whilst the redundant Par 3 holes were designated as a practice area.
The Club has a small shop selling various items for the golfer and also a bar and restaurant with a warm welcome assured at either the start or at the end of your visit.
The Club is also part of the James Braid Highland Golf Trail which has seven member Clubs located in the North of Scotland.