Welcome to Muir of Ord Golf Club
Website Proudly Sponsored by WoodBlocX Ltd
Scottish Golf Club of the Year 2016
Clubhouse Opening – Monday 17th May 2021
On Monday 17th May 2021 we will be opening the Clubhouse and the Bar and Lounge as per our Opening Hours below. We would like to remind members that social distancing will still be required throughout the Clubhouse when it re-opens.
The Clubhouse will be open from 8.00am until 10.308pm Monday to Friday and 7.30am to 10.30am on Saturday and Sundays. The Bar & Lounge will be open from 10.30am to 10.30pm Monday to Sunday.
Hazel and her team will be open on the following days and times and will be serving food in the lounge. The takeaway service which Hazel is currently offering will also still continue.
Catering Opening Hours
Monday & Tuesday 9.30am to 5pm
Friday to Sunday 9.30am – 7pm
The following will be in place from Monday 17th May
- Face masks must still be worn throughout the Clubhouse except from when customers are seated in the bar & lounge.
- Groups of up to 6 people are allowed to sit together in the lounge as long as there is no more than 3 households in the group.
- 1 metre social distancing will be in place in the lounge & bar.
- Alcohol will be available for sale from the bar from Monday 17th May 2021.
- Members & visitors must record their name and contact number in the book located at the entrance to the bar and lounge for track & trace purposes.
- Table service will be in operation for both food and soft juice. Once members & visitors have entered the bar they should take a seat and the bar and catering staff will take their orders.
- Members and visitors must be seated while eating and drinking in the lounge.
- The Lounge has been set with a maximum capacity of 34 people at one time.
We would respectively like to remind all persons entering the Clubhouse that for everyone’s safety and wellbeing they have a responsibility to follow these guidelines.
Thank you to for helping and following the guidelines that have been put in place to allow us a safe return to golf.
We look forward to welcoming our members and guests back into the Clubhouse.
Muir of Ord is a heathland/moorland 18 hole course situated fifteen miles north of Inverness and is only twenty miles from Inverness Airport. It is set in some stunning Scottish scenery with clear views of Ben Wyvis to the north and to the south may been seen the Beauly Firth and hills above Loch Ness.
The course has shown significant change and improvement since its inception in 1875. In the 1920’s the renowned golf course designer James Braid was engaged and much of what he altered and recommended remains intact to this day.
An interesting and challenging feature is the Inverness to Wick and Kyle of Lochalsh railway line which runs through the course adding to the golfers need for accuracy on a number of holes! Wildlife abounds on the course and players may regularly see red kites soaring above the fairways.
With the number of players steadily increasing a decision was taken in the early 1990’s to purchase additional land. Three new holes were constructed negating the hazard of crossing what was known as the “Great North Road” to play what were two short Par 3 holes (the old 16th and 17th). This led to the new 9th, 10th and 11th holes on the newly purchased land whilst the redundant Par 3 holes were designated as a practice area.
The Club has a small shop selling various items for the golfer and also a bar and restaurant with a warm welcome assured at either the start or at the end of your visit.
The Club is also part of the James Braid Highland Golf Trail which has seven member Clubs located in the North of Scotland.